2019 Student Grant Program
$5,000 Total Available for IMA Students/Student Chapters
I. Student Grant Requirements
Grant requests should be for proposed expenditures during the 2019-2020 academic year and are not to be used for expenditures previously incurred.
Grant money should be used to offset costs for students to participate in local chapter activities, Council activities, National/Global activities, or for other management accounting related activities.
Examples of where grant funds can be used include (but are not limited to):
- Local IMA chapter meeting registration or transportation costs
- Attending MAC’s Spring/Fall Educational Conferences
- Attending IMA’s Annual Student Leadership Conference
- Starting up an IMA student chapter
- Costs associated with a specific IMA student chapter meeting or meeting/trip for individual accounting students
- Student IMA members or student chapters must complete an application form that is available on the IMA Mid-America Council website.
- IMA student chapters are eligible to apply as a Chapter.
- Individual student IMA members who attend schools without an IMA student chapter are eligible to apply.
- Accounting students who are not IMA student members are eligible to benefit from grant funds and participate in the application process as long as one participating individual is a student IMA member.
- Faculty can advise but should not have a hands-on role in completing the grant application.
- Grant recipients must complete a post-event evaluation form within 30 days of event and send with expenditure documentation to the address shown on the form. Also, two (2) pictures of the event/activity must also be included with the post-event evaluation.
- All grant requests must be completed and received by Tuesday, October 1, 2019. Grant applications should be emailed to the Mid-America Council at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Student Grant" in the subject line. Late applications will not be considered.
II. Other Grant Information
The Mid-America Council has designated up to $5,000 for the student grant program.
Maximum payout to any one individual/student chapter is $1,000 per Council year.
Actual amount paid out to each recipient will depend on the number of qualified applicants.
The Mid-America Council will pay 50% of the award prior to the event and the remaining 50% after the receipt and review of the post-event evaluation form.
Only one grant request, per individual/student chapter, may be approved for payment each Council year.
All grant applications will be reviewed by members of the Mid-America Council Board of Directors.
Selected grant winners will receive notification of their award selection and amount by Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
If there are any questions regarding the Mid-America Council Student Grant Program or the application process, please contact the Mid-America Council by email at email@example.com with "Student Grant" as the subject.
III. Student Grant Forms:
Student Grant Application
Student Grant Post-Event Evaluation